Tiny Yorkie loses leg after venomous snake bite

Junior the Yorkshire terrier was bitten by an adder and has had his leg amputated

A Yorkshire terrier has had his leg amputated after being bitten by a venomous snake in the Scottish countryside.

Eight-year-old Junior was attacked by an adder while on a walk in Perthshire with owner Lucy Gordon and her two other dogs.

Junior is in a critical condition after being taken to the Edinburgh Veterinary School to have an anti-venom administered.

The tiny dog faces a fight to recover.

Lucy, 23, told BBC Scotland that Junior had been moved to their own vet in Aberdeen where the amputation took place.

About the author


Leave a Comment